Cooper City, Florida is located in Broward County. The eight square mile town is home to over 35,000 people.
The city is actually a municipal corporation created in 1959 by a special act of the Florida Legislature.
Things to Do in Copper City, Florida
Even though Cooper City may be considered small to some, there are still plenty of interesting things to in and around the area.
Here are some of the most popular tourist attractions:
1. Spending a day at the beach. A trip to Florida isn’t complete without at least a day or two at the beach. The nice thing about the Cooper City area is that there are plenty of beaches to choose from. You can head north to the John U. Lloyd State Park to relax for a while.
The beach usually isn’t very crowded and there’s a nice boardwalk that’s perfect for biking and walking. Dania Beach is another good choice. The beach is geared toward sightseers and avid fishermen, but there’s still plenty there for people of all ages to appreciate and enjoy.
2. Shopping at the Cooper City Antique Mall. The Antique Mall on Griffin Road has a nice selection of antiques and gently used items. Books, magazines, glassware, artworks, sporting goods Disney memorabilia and other collectibles can be found in their shops.
A nice place to escape the Florida sun for a few hours. The mall is open year round, but you might want to check hours in advance as they can vary by day or from week to weekend and vice versa.
3. Strolling through Brian Piccolo Park. This sports venue named after a local sports legend is another popular destination. The complex occupies more than 150 acres of land. There are basketball courts, baseball, soccer and cricket fields. The park also attracts an interesting variety of local birds, making the park a favorite among birdwatchers.
4. Visiting Tree Tops Park. Admission to this Davie park is only a few dollars per person. There are barbecue grills, seating areas, fitness equipment, and other recreation options for biking, hiking, paddle-boarding and climbing enthusiasts. The park is open daily from 9 a,m. to 6 p.m. A fun place to visit, rain or shine.
5. Admire the Bonnet House Museum and Gardens. This plantation-style home in nearby Fort Lauderdale once belonged to a Chicago artist. It has since been converted into a full-scale museum and art gallery.
There’s plenty to admire, but admission to different areas and events can be a little expensive. You may want to buy your tickets in advance for specific exhibits. Parking is free, and Broward County residents can receive discounted admission tickets.
6. Explore the Museum of Discovery and Science. This Fort Lauderdale attraction has something for everyone. There are IMAX movies, live animal shows and other interactive exhibits focused on nature, history, science, aviation and space travel. There are also regular events for children and families.
7. Attend a show at the Parker Playhouse. Parker Playhouse is part of the renowned arts and entertainment district in Fort Lauderdale. The playhouse hosts several Broadway and off-Broadway productions, stand-up performance and live music events throughout the year.
There are also community-based educational and instructional programs. All programs and events are put on by local artists. You can spend a few dollars supporting the local arts community while spending a few hours enjoying a very family-friendly event.
8. Play a few rounds at the Pembroke Lakes Golf Course. This course has undergone some significant renovations in recent years. There are upgraded greens, brand new fairways and golf carts complete with convenient GPS units. There are also new lakes on several holes that add to the course’s overall aesthetics and challenge level. A good place for beginners, novices and veterans to play.
9. Step back in time at the Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum. This museum concentrates on presenting and preserving the Packard Motor Company’s legacy. The former car manufacturer created luxury automobiles from 1899 to 1956. There are over two dozen unique Packard vehicles on display from the late 19th century through the 1940’s.
All of the cars on display have been painstakingly restored and are in pristine condition. Admission fees to the museum are minimal and guided tours are available daily.
10. Spend some time in nature at the Everglades Holiday Park. The park is a nice alternative for people who don’t want to spend their entire day driving around looking for something fun to do. You can go fishing, take a zip line or airboat tour of the area or attend a gator show while you’re there.
There are plenty of other educational and recreational activities that you can participate in, as well as live entertainment, special events and programming and a nice selection of dining options. Just be sure to plan ahead, as the park can be quite busy during peak seasons.
Homes for Sale in Cooper City, Florida
Education in Cooper City, Florida
There are three elementary schools, two high schools and a middle school in Cooper City.
These schools are run by the Broward County public school district.
There are also three private schools in the city.
Living in Cooper City, Florida
The median home value in Cooper City is just over $420,000. This is an increase of almost 3 percent from last year. Home values are expected to dip just under 2 percent in the upcoming year.
The median price per square foot is $207. The median price of homes put up for sale is $449,000 and the median price of homes sold in Cooper City is $417,000.
These are just some of the many entertaining things to see and do in the Cooper City, Florida area. You can call or go online to find out more information about these and many other attractions.
Most organizations have their admission rates, hours of operations, and event schedules posted on their websites.
Planning and budgeting for your excursions in advance can make your trip much more enjoyable.
It gives you one less thing to worry about. You can relax and make the most of all that this very vibrant area has to offer.
Have Questions? Ask Rogers Realty Group!
Rogers Realty Group is the best source of information about the local community and real estate topics. Give them a call today at 954.684.3664 to learn more about local areas, discuss selling a house, or tour available homes for sale.
Find your dream home in Cooper City Florida. Get updated listings for sale & for rent as soon as they hit the market. Locating your next home in Cooper City is easy with many communities to choose from in all price ranges.
If you are thinking of Real Estate In Cooper City FL 33328 you can find valuable information including homes for sale in Cooper City Fl, Homes For Rent In Cooper City Florida & Schools in Cooper City Florida, Restaurants In Cooper City FL, City Of Cooper City FL .
Nearby Communities In Cooper City Florida
Country Glen | Cascada at Monterra | Cascada Ises at Monterra Townhomes | Cooper Colony Estates | Cooper Estates | Country | Country Address | Country Glen | Darlington Park Townhomes | Diamond Head | Embassy Courts Townhomes | Embassy Lakes | Estada at Monterra | Everglades Sugar & Land | Flamingo Gardens | Flamingo Gardens Townhomes | Forest Lake | Guardian Estates | Hibbs Grove Plantation | Mill Creek | Monterra | Natalie’s Cove | Ranchette Isle | Rock Creek | Royal Estates | Stirling Palm Estates | Summertime Isles | The Colony at Stirling | Timberlake | Tindall Estates |